The Park Lands belong to all of us and this public land should only be used for the public good.
As we grapple with climate change, Colonel Light’s vision for a city in a park has never been more important. The Park Lands are the lungs of our city and must be protected.
The Park Lands are under increasing threat from powerful vested interests and unfortunately the State Government is all too willing to gift private developers our public land. I will continue to stand up for this vital public space on Council.
As your voice on Council, I have:
- Opposed the Adelaide Oval Hotel – read more.
- Pushed to refer the Stadium Management Authority to the federal government for consideration of the heritage implications of the hotel – read more.
- Moved for immediate community consultation on the Crows’ proposal for the Adelaide Aquatic Centre – read more.
- Opposed diluting the Adelaide Park Lands Authority by replacing elected Councillors with external members – read more.
- Supported the bid for World Heritage Listing for the Park Lands
- Backed moves to lift secrecy around the Golf Course Master Plan – read more.
- Opposed a helipad on the Adelaide Park Lands – read more.
- Called for the establishment of an Adelaide Park Lands Foundation to promote park lands protection