If elected, I will work tirelessly to ensure that Adelaide reaches its potential as one of the world’s leading sustainable cities.
During my time on Council (2014-2015) I secured a record $1 million dollars for a Greener Streets Program and as a result more trees have been planted in Adelaide over the last 4 years than ever before. But more needs to be done.
You can read more about the Greener Streets program here:
- Bension Sibert, Indaily, ‘Council to Pilot Green Roofs and Walls,’
- Anthony Templeton, The Advertiser ‘$1 Million Dollar Plan to Encourage More Tree Planting.’
- The Fifth Estate, ‘Why Greening Is Good for Public Health.’
If elected I will campaign to:
- Protect our Park Lands, plant more trees and boost green roofs and walls
- Finally finish Frome Street and extend the seperated bike path throughout the CBD
- Increase access to solar energy by encouraging solar farming on apartment roof tops so that both owner-occupiers and renters are able to switch to renewables
- Make Adelaide a leader in climate change adaptation – encouraging business investment and boosting jobs
- Provide incentives to city businesses to phase out single use plastics (note plastic straws would still be available for people with disabilities)
- Make Adelaide the world’s first carbon neutral city
- Ensure Council divests of any remaining (direct or indirect) fossil fuel investments